Thursday, March 15, 2012

March Madness 2012 is in Full Gear

Well we are going strong with the official start to this tournament, and I just wanted to share my picks here on my blog.  My bracket is fairly save, but it does have some bold moves that could pay off in the end.  I'm a believer in one sheet of integrity, meaning I do not fill out multiple versions of my bracket.  My picks are locked in on one sheet, and that is how I believe a bracket should be filled out.  I'm excited for this particularly because I am a true college basketball fan who has been watching since the start of the college season.  I do not just jump on the bandwagon come March, but I watch as many games as I can.  While I feel well-educated on the matter, I feel my bracket could easily crumble at any point too.  I would rather have a crazy and fun tournament with upsets than a boring one without any cinderellas.  Last year, my bracket was in shambles after the first weekend, but I was happy to see such a crazy tournament with the unexpected Final Four of VCU, Butler, Kentucky, and UCONN.  

So, without further ado, this is what my bracket looks like:
To advance to Round of 32:
South: Kentucky, UConn, Wichita St., IU, UNLV, Baylor, Notre Dame, Duke
West: Michigan State, Memphis, New Mexico, Lousiville, Murray State, Marquette, Florida, Missouri
East: Syracuse, Kansas St., Vanderbilt, Wisconsin, Cincy, FSU, WVU, OSU
Midwest: UNC, Creighton, USF, Michigan, NC State, Georgetown, St Mary's, Kansas

Sweet 16:
Kentucky, Wichita St., Baylor, Duke
Michigan State, Louisville, Marquette, Missouri
Syracuse, Vanderbilt, FSU, OSU
UNC, Michigan, NC State, Kansas

Elite 8:
Kentucky, Baylor
Michigan State, Missouri
Vanderbilt, Florida State
UNC, Kansas

Final 4:
Kentucky, Missouri, Vanderbilt, Kansas

National Championship:
Kentucky vs. Kansas , Kentucky wins 71-66

Later today/tonight I will give my reasons on some of these picks, but for now let's enjoy the Madness!

No comments:

Post a Comment