Monday, May 19, 2014

Pratscher Signs with Harper College

Men's Basketball: Jonathan Pratscher Signing 2014
Pratscher recently signed to play for the Harper men's basketball team and new head coach Justin Welke. (Bill Smith)
 
PALATINE, Ill. – The Harper College men's basketball program added some size to its recruiting class, as 6-foot-11 center Jonathan Pratscher recently signed his NJCAA Letter of Intent to play for the Hawks.

Last season, Pratscher was forced to redshirt due to injury but is ready to play for head coach Justin Welke and his staff.

"I like how they are really involved in the students' lives and really build into you," he said. "Last year I learned a lot and was able to scout, and it gave me a better understanding of what I'm going up against (this year). It taught me to be patient and wait my turn."

While he could not help the Hawks on the court last year, the gentle giant reached out and embraced honorary team member Kadeen Alansari.

"Jonathan's 7-foot stature became even taller in my eyes," said Harper Director of Athletics and Fitness Doug Spiwak in a February article. "When I saw the student-athlete reach out to befriend his new teammate, I was reassured that our program attracts individuals with good character."

Off the court, Pratscher is studying sports medicine and aspires to be a doctor for a sports team.

No comments:

Post a Comment