Saturday's game is set for noon at the Liberty Lacrosse Field.
Liberty comes into Saturday's bout with ODU looking to end a recent string of defeats. The Lady Flames fell to No. 20 Virginia Tech on Feb. 22 and Navy, last Saturday. The Monarchs are also looking to put an end to a two-game losing streak. They have recent losses to No. 20 Virginia Tech and Richmond.
The Monarchs hold a 2-0 all-time series advantage over the Lady Flames. In 2016, ODU topped Liberty, 12-8, on its home turf in Norfolk, Va.
How to Follow the Lady Flames
There will no live video broadcast of the game.
Live stats for the contest are available on the lacrosse schedule/results panel. For those unable to attend, be sure to follow @LUGameday on Twitter for live in-game updates.
|Liberty will face Old Dominion on Saturday afternoon at the Liberty Lacrosse Field.|
Saturday's contest against Old Dominion wraps up a four-game homestand for Liberty. The Lady Flames will hit the road for their next six road contests: George Mason (March 11), Robert Morris (March 13), William & Mary (March 22), VCU (March 25), Presbyterian (April 1) and Longwood (April 5).
Liberty's next home match will not be until April 8, when they take on Big South opponent Campbell at noon.
Lady Flames News and Notes
- As a team, Liberty is No. 37 in the country in ground balls per game (19.40) and No. 39 in the country in caused turnovers per game (10.00).
- Junior defender Lindsey McNamara places No. 41 in the nation in caused turnovers per game (2.00).
- Sophomore attacker Foster is No. 62 in the country in assists (6) and leads the team in points with 11.
- Liberty's freshmen have accounted for 12 of the 31 goals scored by the Lady Flames, led by Hannah Quast (team-best seven goals).
- Sophomore Brianna McCaffrey leads Liberty in both draw controls (14) and shots (20).
- Sophomore goalkeeper Katherine Widrick has a 11.51 goals-against average and 18 saves on the year.
- Through four contests, Liberty owns a 97-96 advantage over its opponents in ground balls.
- Liberty is even with its opponents in clear percentage (.697-.697).
- Liberty's opponents have outshot the Lady Flames, 153-88.
- The Lady Flames are losing the battle for draw controls, 77-44, so far this year.
The Monarchs, who were picked to finish second in the Atlantic Sun this year, defeated VCU, 10-7, and Campbell, 11-10, to open their 2017 season before recent road setbacks to No. 20 Virginia Tech and Richmond.
As a team, ODU is No. 37 in the nation in save percentage (.472) and No. 39 in caused turnovers per game (10.00). Individually, senior goalkeeper Maggi Buckley (2-2, 11.64 GAA) is No. 15 in the nation in saves per game (10.50), No. 19 in saves (42), and No. 36 in save percentage (.477).
Senior midfielder Connor Carson leads the squad with eight points (6 goals, 2 assists). Sophomore midfielder Sophia Ritchie paces the team with seven goals. Kerri Caruso, Natalie Ledwitz and Alyssa Sebesto share the team lead with nine ground balls, while Ledwitz is tops on the team in draw controls (14) and caused turnovers (10).
The Monarchs are led by sixth-year head coach Heather Holt. In 2016, Holt guided Old Dominion to a 16-4 record, including the second conference tournament title in program history.