Friday, January 13, 2017

Liberty Lacrosse Blog, Day 5, Part 1

Day 5: Friday, January 13, 2017

I got up around 6:50 a.m. and got ready to go for a run. Danny and Joey biked down to the beach to see the sunrise, and Kelly, Nina, and a few of the girls drove over. I ran the mile-and-a-half over to the beach and arrived about 10 minutes before sunrise. It was a sight to behold, as the waves crashed in and the sun appeared from the horizon. I didn’t even bring my phone to capture it because I just wanted to soak it in.

After hanging out for another 15 minutes, I finished up the remainder of my run and got ready for practice. Practice followed a similar structure, with a full field passing drill, positional skill-specific breakouts, and a scrimmage situation to end it. We had to pack up everything for good, being that it was our last day of practice at the school.

We all drove over to the Seabrook Island sign at the entrance of the town, and I was put in charge to take the team picture while the coaches filled up on gas and went to the grocery store. We took the team picture and then headed back to the houses for lunch.



The girls have a beach workout scheduled for 2 p.m. I’m going to bike over there in a bit, go for another run, and try out some boogie boarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment