Sunday, February 5, 2012

Failed Predictions

Well, I have to be man enough to admit I was wrong with my predictions.  Three of the four games I predicted I was in the wrong about, starting with Clemson against VT.  They got off to such a dreadful start and fell behind 14 at halftime, but they did a lot to claw back and nearly force overtime.  K.J. McDaniels played a great game, scoring 14 points and impressing me for a freshman.  Although he missed the two crucial free throws to send to overtime, I see him blossoming already.  The Tigers had their chances, but couldn't quite get it done.

I was also wrong on the DePaul game as they fell 74-66 to Cincy.  It wasn't a bad effort, but sooner or later these Demons need to get over the hump and win some winnable games.  At 2-8 in the Big East, there isn't much hope at this point.

I also said the Jayhawks would march into Missouri and win.  If not for an 11-0 Missouri run to close out the game, the Jayhawks would have done just that.  Thomas Robinson is a beast, but he alone wasn't enough to get  it done against Denmon and company, who closed the game very strongly.  That was a great game to watch and both teams put on a show.  Mizzou is really on the rise and will make a push for the Big 12 crown and a possible NCAA Tournament #1 seed in the coming weeks.

The only game I was right on was possibly the most important one, as the Indiana Hoosiers got it done at Purdue, picking up a big 78-61 win.  Oladipo led the way with 23 points and 8 rebounds as the Hoosiers were just too much for the Boilers.  It was an impressive win and sends a message to the country that the Hoosiers still can play good basketball.


No comments:

Post a Comment