Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Super Bowl Hype

I'm one who becomes exhausted by the two weeks of media hoopla leading up to the Super Bowl game.  These networks have every possible angle covered on the Super Bowl, and it is a bit overwhelming to hear about Justin Tuck's favorite cereal, Wes Welker's dog's name, and Brandon Jacobs' favorite action figure growing up (none of these things are true, by the way). You get my point that the media beats this thing to death and I just want it to be Sunday and the game to be going on.  It is a great matchup of two very good teams that are not without flaw, but I just can't wait to see the action unfold on the field.  The Super Bowl village thing in Indy is grand and exciting for those there, but I do not plan on going down there for the festivities so it doesn't excite me quite as much.

The Super Bowl is one of the greatest sporting events of the year for this country, obviously.  I just wished I could get a little more X's and O's about the game and the strategy that will may be employed by each team rather than soft news about who knows what they come up with.  I want to hear how Osi and Tuck plan on getting to Brady and the techniques they plan on using to get by the great offensive line of the Pats.  I want to hear about what makes Victor Cruz so good.  I want to hear about the Patriots defense and what plans they have to throw off Eli and this offense that is on a roll.  I like some of the feature stories they do and I don't dispute their news value, but I feel like there isn't enough coverage on the actual game itself.

A little bit later in the week, I will break down the game and give my prediction on who will be hoisting the Lombardi Trophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment