Saturday, February 4, 2012

Tigers/Demons/Hoosiers-College Basketball Saturday

Early games today saw ND roll over Marquette in impressive fashion, OSU pick up a big win in Madison over Wisconsin, FSU beat Virginia, and Florida handle Vanderbilt.  I am really looking forward to the Kansas-Missouri game that could go a long way in determining the outcome of the Big 12.  I have a lot of respect for both of these teams, and can't wait to see Thomas Robinson do his thing.  I am going to predict that Kansas will go in there and win tonight.

The Clemson Tigers are about to tip with the Virginia Tech Hokies and they are in need of a win to right the ship.  VT did beat Virginia, but they also have a lot of losses in recent days, and I look for Clemson to play hard and hopefully pull out a win.  I want to see the youth of the Tigers continue to develop and get more playing time.  I wouldn't call it a lost season, but I think Brownell will want to see some of these young guys play.  The seniors still deserve their playing time, but young guys should play if the seniors are ineffective or not hustling.  Let's see what the Tigers can do.  I'm saying 60-53 Tigers win.

The DePaul Blue Demons are coming off a loss to St. John's and I'd love to see them beat Cincy in their building.  I think it is highly possible, too.  Cincy has had the benefit of a pretty soft conference schedule and taken advantage of it post-brawl at Xavier.  Gates and Kilpatrick will be tough to stop, but I'm encouraged with how the Demons are playing on the offensive side of the ball.  I say 71-66 Demons (maybe I'm a little too optimistic, I don't want to pick them to lose today).

Regarding the Hoosiers, they are in desperate need of a win at Purdue.  I would almost call it a must win.  It has been frustrating to watch the Hoosiers in recent days, as they have piled up 6 conference losses.  They played amazingly to beat OSU and UK earlier this year, but they are having a tough time with their Big Ten schedule.  West Lafayette is a tough place to play, so this will be a true test to me if they have the capability of even winning any NCAA Tournament games.  The Hoosiers need to come in with a killer instinct tonight and play their games.  It seems like in recent weeks they've let their opponents dictate the pace of the game, and this has put them way out of sync.  My prediction: Hoosiers 68-61.

I know it's a little ridiculous I'm picking the three teams I like to win, but I think they are more than capable of doing that today.  Let the fun begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment