Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Edition-What I LOVE About Some of the Major Sports

As most of you know, I am a sports junkie and can never get enough of the great things that go on in the world of sports.  So, for Valentine's Day I decided I would talk about the things I love in the world of sports.

NFL:
-I love watching Tom Brady pick apart defenses.
-I love watching Ray Rice snake his way through defenses.
-I love relaxing and watching games all day on Sunday.
-I love watching Ray Lewis fire up his team before a game.
-I love the song "Rise to Glory" by DJ Quik that is played before games start on CBS.
-I love hearing Nantz/Simms and Gumbel/Dierdorf call the action.
-I love watching the Super Bowl.
-I love the skill and precision that goes into the game.

NBA:
-I love watching D Rose do ridiculous things around the rim.
-I love cheering against the Miami Heat.
-I love watching Kevin Durant hit big shots.
-I love exciting playoff games.
-I love watching Kobe Bryant hit fadeaway shots from the corner.
-I love hearing Marv Albert call a game.
-I love seeing NBA players who don't just play for the money.

College Basketball:
-I love the crowds at college arenas because they blow the NBA out of the water.
-I love Selection Sunday.
-I love the process leading to Selection Sunday, where I watch dozens of games from start of the season til tournament time.
-I love the unpredictability of each game.
-I love seeing the Indiana Hoosiers a revitalized program.
-I love going to DePaul games and cheering on the Blue Demons.
-I love seeing players represent their school by playing hard and passionately.

Golf:
-I love watching Tiger Woods play golf through thick and thin.
-I love and embrace everything about The Masters, the greatest golf tournament on the planet.
-I love watching guys like Mahan, Cink, Day, and Stanley.
-I love playing golf.
-I love knowing how hard it is to do what the pros do.
-I love going to tournaments as I've been to '06, '09, '10 PGA, John Deere Classic, and I hope to get tickets to the Ryder Cup at Medinah.
-I love watching pros hit balls on the range.
-I love trying to emulate what the pros do.
-I love reading golf magazines and anything golf related.

MLB:
-I love the 2011 playoffs and how they rejuvenated my energy for baseball.
-I love playing baseball, as I've done so my whole life.
-I love looking at my baseball trading cards and reflecting on the memories.
-I love watching Ken Griffey Jr. swing a bat.
-I love hot dogs at Wrigley Field with extra grilled onions.
-I love the sound of vendors shouting out things such as "getchur peanuts, cotton candy, lemon chill, and hot dogs!".
-I love knowing how difficult it is to hit a 90+ mph fastball and a good curveball
-I love watching exciting division races.

Those are just a few of the things I love about the world of sports.  Feel free to comment/chime in on what you love about particular sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment