Thursday, January 12, 2012

Winter Has Finally Arrived

Although it's about two months late, snow has finally fallen and stuck to the ground of the Chicagoland area.  Children will frolic through the wintery paradise, teenagers will huck snowballs at high speeds, and adults will tailspin on the roads and shovel or plow their driveways in dismay.  Up at the campus of Trinity International University, my college, students celebrated as classes after 3 p.m. were called off due to dangerous driving conditions and high winds expected for the evening hours.  The snow, if you must know, is absolutely perfect for packing snowballs or building snowmen.  It is finally winter, folks, and I love every minute of it.  Though I relished the opportunity to play golf two days ago on a beautiful 50 degree day, I must say seeing the white stuff makes me feel home in Chicago.  While I am sick and have been inside most of the day, it is a relieving feeling to finally see something other than green grass in January.  Enjoy it everyone and be safe out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment